Friday, June 15, 2007

New York Comes Calling

Before I ever started this blog I wrote a story about a kid who won an essay contest. He wrote about what it is like to have ADD. He won a huge national award, got to go to a major league baseball game, met a lot of famous people and generally just had a great time. We published his essay right along with the story. It was a really great essay from a really great kid.

Right after the story appeared I got a call from New York. My story was republished on an ADD website that goes to out to 8,000 people every day. That's more than our weekly circulation. It was a nice complement. Then today, nearly two months later, I got another email from New York. A magazine wants to interview this little boy and his family. I put the two in touch.

Since we published that story and published the essay, many people have come to realize that their families were unknowingly being affected by ADD. Months later I'm still hearing great things.

We LJs have small voices. We don't reach a lot of people, but sometimes our voices reach further than we ever imagine.

TARB

No comments: