Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bugged

Our Sports Guy's Monday started weird. Two bizarre voice mails left the rest of us giggling. A grandma called demanding that he write something about a semi-athletic granddaughter. The other one involved a confused woman asking about mouth guards. He made me listen to that one.

I hate the term "Going Forward." I deal with politicians. I hear it a lot as they discuss their plans. I bitched, but another reporter called me on the fact that I had complained about "Going Forward" before.

"Remember?" she asked.

"Yeah, but not with these people," I said. "There must be something that bugs you?"

"I hate 'Trials and Tribulations!'" she said with a southern accent.

"I can't stand, 'These Ones' or 'Those Ones,'" another LJ joined in.

"The one that gets me is 'One of the Only.' If it's really One of the Only, that still means it could be one of hundreds. I hate that."

"'Couple Few.' What's with that?"

"So Sports Guy, what's your least favorite thing?"

"Grandmas calling me," he grumbled.

TARB

No comments: